I went on vacation, daughter is back in school and I need to get back on track. Of course, in 6 1/2 days I am having wrist surgery (I’m not counting down or anything) and will get thrown out of whack again, I guess. However, I need your help with a project I have been mulling over and jotting ideas down over the past few months.
One of my goals or bucket list items is to get published. The project I am working on is an e-book about Caring for Loved Ones with short or long term illnesses. Of course this may sound like a really broad topic and once I hear your stories, this one book could very well go into two or even three.
This project has been inspired by events in my own life over the past 3 years or so. Items I am looking for include:
- What resources helped you or your loved one with an illness or injury? (i.e. American Cancer Society, MDA, etc)
- What was the best type of help you received from friends, family?
- Did you have an experience where someone meant to help or say something encouraging, but it just came out all wrong? What was it?
- Was a sense of humor/laughter part of your treatment plan?
- How did your faith help/hurt your experience?
- What lessons did you learn from your experience?
This book is meant to compile the lessons I learned and I would love to hear about your lessons and hopefully we can help someone else going through a difficult time. Post your comments below.