- Sleeping outside. We like to tent camp and there is nothing like waking up in the morning to the feel and smell of the morning air.
- Campfire. Where else can you have a campfire first thing in the morning as well as at night? Roasting marshmallows, making s’mores, even macaroni and cheese.
- Walking through the campground admiring other sites. I love seeing other styles of tents and I really love looking at campers. My parents had a Coleman Camper when I was kid. So seeing campers brings back lots of childhood memories.
- Quiet time. Camping is the one activity where I can, we all can, be quiet. We don’t need our phones, internet, or Skype. We can actually have conversations and that be enough.
- Hiking. Typically, I am not much of a hiker. My husband loves to hike. When he was single a vacation for him was packing a backpack and spending days hiking portions of the Appalachian Trail. Me? Well, I am more of a day hiker, where the trail is paved and clearly marked. I do enjoy sleeping in a tent. When we do go camping, I look forward to hiking through the local state park especially if it has waterfalls. I love waterfalls.
What are some things you like to do while camping?