Who Am I?
My name is Kristine. With a K. That is pretty much how I say my name when someone is writing it down – Kristine with a K. Oh and by the way there is an E at the end of my name – it’s not silent. Just a pet peeve of mine but I really dislike it when someone calls me Kristin. It just feels weird.
Anyhow, I am a wife, mother (adoptive and step) to two girls, daughter, sister, aunt (favorite role next to wife and mother) and so and so on. I have been a stay at home mom since 2002 but in the Fall of 2012 I started working part-time one day a week.
One thing that will become apparent to you if not already, I am a Christian. My beliefs and experience will show through in my posts. My goal is to encourage women in all stages of life. Lessons that I have learned through my personal experience or others experiences that help me face everything from the day to day routine to those unexpected, dreadful phone calls.
Even though my daughter is 12 I still choose to be a homemaker and CEO of our household. Being home full time has allowed me to help extended family out when they needed it. It was a blessing to be present and available for the last four weeks of my grandmother’s life.
I bought WordPress for Dummies. I want to read it so I can learn as much as I can about WordPress to make my site the best it can be. It will also come in handy for my part time gig.
I want to learn how to knit. I’ve tried instructional videos, but I need someone next to me helping me along. I’ll keep you posted.
- I learned to swallow a pill at age 24 years old. It took hypnosis to help me.
- I can’t draw a straight line with a ruler. They always seem to be on an angle.
- I could drive and dock a boat long before I could drive a car. Boat – 12 years old. Car – 18 almost 19 years old.
- I’m addicted to purses and planners. Enough said.
- When I stay in a hotel I have to unpack my suitcase before I do anything else.
- Anyplace that has chairs set up in a row I sit on the end. No matter where I am I have to sit on the end.
Walking. Whether I have my ear buds in and listening to music or by myself in silence I love to walk. Treadmill or walking path, it doesn’t matter. Quite often I get ideas for projects or have a revelation from God. I just love it.
Let’s Learn to be who we ARE, and let go of all the things we are NOT.